Cypress School uses California Content Standard Curriculum and instructional materials designed for students with special needs. Our curriculum promotes developmental learning and the acquisition of social and communication skills.
- Individual Education Plans are written for each student that help them progress.
- Students develop basic attending, inter-personal interaction, reading, mathematics, social studies, and science skills.
- Students access the community on a daily basis, enjoying the natural beauty of nearby Schollenberger Park. Students grow organic fruits and vegetables at our community garden.
- Students participate in classroom and vocational and service learning activities including clerical, landscaping, janitorial, assembly, and packaging.
- Students develop positive behavior skills through a variety of communication, social, and sensory regulating classroom and community activities.
- Students educational and therapeutic activities are adapted and shared with families.