To enhance the quality of life of people with cerebral palsy and other disabilities, their families, and their communities.
Learn Without Limits
Cypress School provides personalized curriculum and learning for children with autism and similar disabilities.
Cypress School teaches children, ages 5-22 with autism, special education and behavioral needs that public schools are not able to meet.
- Communication, social and sensory regulation curriculum and therapies with special attention to positive behavior supports.
- Focus on functional academics, adapted technology and community-based living and vocational skills.
- Individualized learning teams include student/family, educators and therapists.
- Designed classrooms provide individual, small group and therapy environments for learning.
- All of this is done on a foundation of love and respect for the unique skills of every student.
Surfing the Spectrum at Cypress School
Cypress School has joined Natalie Pepper’s Spectrum Surf Camp for individuals with special needs, giving all our students opportunities to hit the waves since 2013. In 2014, Cypress videographer, Steve Gatlin, reached out to NBC News, inviting them to the beach to check out this amazing camp. They filmed some great surfing, as well as interviewed Natalie, Cypress Camp Director Laura Briggin, and some of our Cypress surfers.
CLICK HERE to watch the story that aired on Tuesday, August 19, 2014, on NBC Bay Area News.